Allied Motion Dordrechet, Netherlands
Allied Motion The Netherlands is one of six Allied Motion Technology Units within the international Allied Motion Group.
The history of the Dutch factory dates back to 1939, which was then known as Johan de Witt. The company was active in the military sector and was bought by Philips. In the early 1960s, Philips began producing motors in Dordrecht, initially asynchronous motors and later synchronous and DC motors. In the 80's the production of motors for video recorders and CD players was started. In 1997 Philips sold this part of its business to Premotec. Since then, the company started producing small precision motors as well as brushed and brushless motors for the industrial market. In 2004, the company was finally acquired by Allied Motion. Currently, about 120 employees are working there on about 2600 sqm.