|Allied Motion's DPFlex™ is an innovative compact sensorless brushless motor drive that offers performance levels exceeding even those of conventional Hall-commutated drives.|
The DPFlex detects motor rotor position at motor standstill via patented algorithms that use motor phase-inductance measurements to enable reliable motor starting even under load. The result is robust, stable motor operation at reduced cost compared to sensored motor drive combinations.
Typical applications that can benefit from use of the DPFlex include pumps, compressors, fans and blowers, respirators, centrifuges, conveyors, and variable-speed scanners and radar mounts.
Allied Motion provides DP.D™ Windows-based software for the DPFlex. DP.D enables you to easily set-up and configure the DPFlex. It auto-calculates optimum current loop settings for the motor; enables easy setting of inputs and outputs on the drive; and provides a four-channel oscilloscope tool that provides data logging of system registers in real time.
Features & Benefits
- Sensorless control of brushless motors reduces system cost and wiring
- Compact modular drive for brushless motors with up to 900 W output power*
- Available in several PCB assembly versions or as a complete unit with heatsink and cover
- Up to 30 V and 30 A peak outputs will drive a wide range of brushless motors
- Closed loop control of current (torque) and velocity
- Up to 25:1 speed range
- Adjustable PID loop compensation parameters
- Analog input to set speed levels along with digital inputs for enable and motor direction control
- Protection afforded against phase-to-phase shorts, over and under voltage, over current and over temperature conditions
- Easy set up and configuration using Windows-based DP.D™ software
- Capable of driving low inductance motors at up to 30,000 RPM for high speed applications
- Embeddable PCB assembly version with or without mounting kit
- PCB assembly with heat sink version mounting kit
- Evaluation kit consisting of a DPFlex drive, DP.D software, and a connector and cable kit
* Heat sink dependent